Welcome to "Appaloosa Territory"
a celebration of Appaloosa* horses.
Appaloosa Territory offers the following:
- A complete [1-4932] numerical list of Foundation Appaloosas registered with the Appaloosa Horse Club with the "F" prefix . Some photos included. Offspring lists have been/are being added as time permits. Most likely the lists are Not complete. Any additions/corrections would be most appreciated.
The first 5000, plus #7201-73xx (to date) registered Colorado Rangerbreds are listed numerically. More will added as time permits. Sire, dam, color, foal date, breeder and some photos included. [Am finding numerous errors in the CRHA studbook - please advise if you find any mistakes...I know I didn't notice all of them : ( ]
- The first 10,000 ApHC Tentative registered Appaloosas are listed numerically. (Alphabetical list here.) More will added as time permits. Sire, dam, color, foal date, breeder and some photos included.
- A partial listing of PC (Pedigree Certificate) horses. Additions to the list appreciated. [March 2017]
- A partial listing of Identification horses on the original ID page. Thanks to Bonnie Newitt and Sherry Byrd, there are now more entries on the new ID pages - up to ID 7500 at the moment. : ) A complete list of pages is located on the Appaoosa History Index page.
Additions to the list still very much appreciated. [March 2017]
- The first 2000 Canadian Appaloosas registered with the Appaloosa Horse Club of Canada are listed numerically. [April 2017]
- Appaloosa History, short articles about other Appaloosa owners/breeders and/or Appaloosas, both famous and little known, current and past.
- What's NEW! High Hand F-3366 [February 2017] ...more scanning to do...
- What's NEW! Red Eagle's Peacock F-1476 [February 2017] ...more scanning to do...
- What's NEW! Prince Plaudit 55156 [January 2017/update March 2017] Thanks to Bonnie Newitt for a slew of scans of the Plaudits...but there is still more scanning to do...
- What's NEW! Whistle Britches F-2492 [November 2016] ...more scanning to do...
- What's NEW! Navajo Britches F-2709 [November 2016] ...more scanning to do...
- A page showing how Appaloosas can change their "spots". A page listing Appaloosas registered from two "registered Quarter horse" parents. Additions/corrections appreciated. : )
- Links to Appaloosa organizations, and to informational sites
Paintings of Appaloosas (mostly historical; both professional and amateur), Appaloosa spots and Appaloosa characteristics.
- Looking for a photo of a particular Appaloosa on this site?
There is now a search box for the entire site here. [Febraury 2016]
There is an alphabetical index of historical photos.
There is an alphabetical index of (mostly) recent or current Appaloosas .
There are some photos in the Foundation section, the Tentative section, and the Colorado Rangerbred section, all are numerical listings, but am working on an alphabetical list as well..someday.
- Last but not least, notification about errors/corrections is always appreciated. : ) More information is most welcome!
Spots From The Past
High Thunderbird F-1822 (1955)
High Thundercloud F-1823 (1957)
Full brothers, sired by Apple F-621 out of Wiggins Boots F-1820.
And I just noticed they have a sister, too: Black Arrow F-1821 (1956), who was black, with white spots over hips!
Anyone have a photo of her?