Welcome to "Appaloosa Territory"
a celebration of Appaloosa* horses.
Appaloosa Territory offers the following:
- A complete [1-4932] numerical list of Foundation Appaloosas registered with the Appaloosa Horse Club with the "F" prefix . Some photos included. Offspring lists have been/are being added as time permits. Most likely the lists are Not complete. Any additions/corrections would be most appreciated.
The first 3500, plus #7201-73xx (to date) registered Colorado Rangerbreds are listed numerically. More will added as time permits. Sire, dam, color, foal date, breeder and some photos included.
- The first 10,000 ApHC Tentative registered Appaloosas are listed numerically. (Alphabetical list here.) More will added as time permits. Sire, dam, color, foal date, breeder and some photos included. Thanks to Bonnie Newitt for supplying AT with a massive group of scans of these horses, they ARE being added... [February 2016]
- The first 1400 Canadian Appaloosas registered with the Appaloosa Horse Club of Canada are listed numerically.
- Appaloosa History, short articles about other Appaloosa owners/breeders and/or Appaloosas, both famous and little known, current and past.
- What's NEW! Navajo's Candy, the spot source for the Ulrich spots has his own page, with a compete list of offspring thanks to Tracy.
- What's NEW! Willow's Creek has her summer photos posted! [July 2016][August 2016]
- What's NEW! Production list added to Big John's Domino webpage. [July 2016]
- What's NEW! Complete ApHC Production list added to Mansfield's Comanche webpage, as well as several articles. [July 2016]
- What's NEW! Shavano F-1679 has a page based on a 2001 Sundance Newsletter article. [July 2016] Update: Shavano's page now includes a complete list of his direct offspring...and a few more photos of them. My thanks to Tracy Meisenbach for furnishing this list.
- A page showing how Appaloosas can change their "spots". A page listing Appaloosas registered from two "registered Quarter horse" parents. Additions/corrections appreciated. : )
- Links to Appaloosa organizations, and to informational sites
Paintings of Appaloosas (mostly historical; both professional and amateur), Appaloosa spots and Appaloosa characteristics.
- Looking for a photo of a particular Appaloosa on this site?
There is now a search box for the entire site here. [Febraury 2016]
There is an alphabetical index of historical photos.
There is an alphabetical index of (mostly) recent or current Appaloosas .
There are some photos in the Foundation section, the Tentative section, and the Colorado Rangerbred section, all are numerical listings, but am working on an alphabetical list as well..someday.
- Last but not least, notification about errors/corrections is always appreciated. : ) More information is vastly appreciated!
Spots From The Past
High Thunderbird F-1822 (1955)
High Thundercloud F-1823 (1957)
Full brothers, sired by Apple F-621 out of Wiggins Boots F-1820.
And I just noticed they have a sister, too: Black Arrow F-1821 (1956), who was black, with white spots over hips!
Anyone have a photo of her?